Updating your Paypal email address
Many of our Members are using obsolete email addresses with their Paypal accounts. Here is how to update your email address! First you need to add your new address, then make it your primary address, then delete your old one.
- Log in to your Paypal account.
- Click on the Settings icon at top left (it looks like a cog)
- Scroll down to your existing email address. You should see a plus sign next to it. Click on the plus sign to add a new email address.
- The email address will appear on your dashboard with a message "unconfirmed" next to it. You need to confirm it. Check your email. You should find an email from Paypal with a link to click to confirm. Click the link. Enter your existing Paypal password.
- You should find yourself back in your Paypal dashboard. Now, click on the Settings icon once again and check that the "unconfirmed" message next to your new email address has disappeared.
- Click the edit link next to the new email address and tick the box to "make this your primary email address". Return to Settings and confirm that the new email address is now your Primary email address.
- If you wish, you can now remove your old email address by clicking the Remove link next to it.
Here is a video showing the process which I found on YouTube if you need more help.